2 Days Lake Nakuru and Lake Bogoria safari
2 days Lake Nakuru and Lake Bogoria safari is an adventurous safari package offering a tour to two amazing lakes and viewing of numerous species of birds, this safari takes on a safari visit to Lake Nakuru and Lake Bogoria. This safari starts and ends in Nairobi city.
Highlights of the 2 Days Lake Nakuru and Lake Bogoria safari
- Day 1: Transfer from Nairobi to Lake Nakuru
- Day 2: Transfer to Lake Bogoria then back to Nairobi
Day 1: Transfer from Nairobi – Lake Nakuru
- Transfer from Nairobi: On the first day of the safari you will have early morning breakfast at your hotel in Nairobi, meet your safari drive who will give a short briefing about the safari and set off for Lake Nakuru which is a drive of approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes. Lake Nakuru is a rift valley alkaline lake situated south of Nakuru in the rift valley in Lake Nakuru national park, Lake Nakuru is a great habitat for a huge population of birds with over 400 bird species such as greater and lesser flamingoes, white pelicans, plovers, egrets, marabou stork and many more. These birds are attracted to lake because of the abundance of the algae in the lake, when you arrive you will have lunch at your lodge then drive to the lake for bird watching experience.
- At the lake you will be welcomed by flocks of lesser and greater flamingo creating a shade of pink on the lake, you will spot many other bird species such as white pelicans, plovers, egrets, marabou stork and many animals such as white and black rhino, Rothschild giraffes and many more as they come to drink water on the lake. in the evening you will drive back to your lodge, have dinner and stay overnight.
- Accommodation is got from: Luxury: Sarova lion hill game lodge, Midrange: Lake Nakuru Lodge, Budget: Ziwa bush lodge, and Meal plan: full board.
Day 2: Transfer from Lake Nakuru to Lake Bogoria then back to Nairobi
- Transfer from Lake Nakuru to Lake Bogoria: On the second day of the safari you will have early morning breakfast, meet your safari driver and set off for Lake Bogoria which is a drive of approximately 2-3 hours. Lake Bogoria is a saline alkaline lake located in Baringo County, the lake is formally known as Lake Hannington and features length of 34 kilometer, width of 3.5 kilometers and depth of about 10 meters depth. Lake Baringo is famous for hosting the largest population of lesser flamingoes in the world, when you arrive at the lake you will go on a walk visiting the lake where you will enjoy sights of a huge population of lesser flamingoes, you will also visit Bogoria hot springs and as you walk around the spring be cautious about the extremely hot water of the springs. You will have lunch at Lake Bogoria Spa resort then set off on a drive back to Nairobi, when you arrive at the lake you will be dropped off either at the hotel in Nairobi or at the airport for your departure flight.
- Meal plan: half board
End of the 2 Days Lake Nakuru and Lake Bogoria safari
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- All meals as per meal plan
- Transportation in a safari van throughout the safari
- service of English speaking safari guide/ranger
- bottled mineral water
- Park entrance fees and game drives as detailed in the itinerary
- All government taxes, levies, and fees
- Arrival and departure transfer fees between airports, hotels, parks, etc.
- Domestic and international airfares and departures taxes.
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for hotel, lodge and camp staff and for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. (Bottled mineral water is provided in the minivan while on game drives.)
- Laundry services
- extra accommodation before and after the safari
- optional activities not listed by the safari