3 Days Masai Mara Balloon Safari
3 days Masai Mara balloon safari is a Kenya safari package to the home of the big five and the destinations of the famous wildebeest migration starting from Nairobi to the reserve to engage in a number of activities like a hot air balloon experience as well as game drives and a cultural experience with the Masai people as seen in the itinerary below;
Safari highlights of the 3 Days Masai Mara Balloon Safari
- Day 1; pick up and drive to Masai Mara national reserve
- Day 2; hot air balloon safari and evening game drive
- Day 3; Departure
Day 1: Pick up and drive to Masai Mara national reserve
- Pick up: Your guide will meet you up at the airport and brief you about your safari. After your briefing, you will continue your journey to Masai Mara national reserve for a wildlife viewing experience. On your way to the national reserve, you will drive through the rift valley escarpment where you will enjoy photography and the scenic views.
- Drive to Masai Mara: After checking in upon arrival at your lodge, you will prepare to have your lunch. You will later have a game drive in Masai Mara national reserve to look for wildlife species such as the big five which include elephants, buffalos, lions, leopards and rhinos. You will watch the sunset as your guide drives you back to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Day 2; Hot air balloon safari and Evening game drive
- Hot air balloon safari: On the second day of your safari, you will wake up early morning as you prepare for your hot air balloon safari experience. You will be driven by your guide to the departure point for the hot air balloon. After the balloons have been inflated, you will proceed for an experience to get an aerial view of the savannah plains of Masai Mara national reserve. During your hot air balloon experience, you will see different attractions in the Mara such as the river meanders, kopjes, wildlife species grazing such as elephant herds, giraffes, zebras, wildebeests, antelopes, lions, leopards, buffalos, cheetahs, kudus, hartebeests, waterbucks among others. You will return to the landing point where you will share a satisfactory breakfast in the wild.
- Evening game drive: You will later return to your hotel for lunch. In the evening, your guide will have a game drive to have a close experience with the wilderness of the Masai Mara national reserve as you also enjoy the sunset and scenery around. Dinner and overnight will be at your lodge after your evening game drive.
Day 3: Departure
- Departure: You will start your day with breakfast before checking out of your lodge in Masai Mara national reserve. You will continue for a morning game drive to see the different wildlife and bird species on your way back to Nairobi.
- Cultural experience: You will have a stop in Narok town for a short cultural experience with the Masai people to get to experience their traditional and nomadic way of life, see local arts and crafts and watch traditional dance performances. Your guide will drive you back to Nairobi and drop yo off at a location of your preference which will mark the end of your safari.
End of the 3 Days Masai Mara Balloon Safari
The safari and tour prices below include
- all day game drives as per sample itinerary
- Hotel/lodge accommodation for the duration of the safari
- Private 4-wheel drive vehicle with a roof hatch
- Professional safari and tour guide / driver
- All national park fees
- All meals on the safari
- All game viewing activities specified
- Price quoted per person sharing
The safari and tour prices below exclude
- Drinks and mineral water
- Items of personal nature
- International and local airfares
- Airport taxes Any airport transfers & hotel accommodation before / after the safari
- Entry visas
- Travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities