4 Days Tarangire and Manyara safari
4 days Tarangire and Manyara safari is a trip to some of the national parks in the famous northern tourist circuit of Tanzania and is filled with visits to different attractions and engaging in a variety of activities as well as a tour around the city of Arusha as seen in the itinerary below;
Safari highlights 4 Days Tarangire and Manyara safari
- Day 1: Arrival and drive to Arusha
- Day 2: Drive to Tarangire national park
- Day 3: Drive to Lake Manyara national park via mto wa mbu
- Day 4: Return to Arusha
Day 1: Arrival and drive to Arusha
- Arrival and drive to Arusha: Upon your arrival at the airport, you will be met by your guide who will welcome you and you will be briefed in regards to your safari. After your briefing, you will have a brief city tour around Arusha and you will enjoy seeing the different landmarks and attractions around the city as you proceed to your lodge where you will check-in and have your dinner and spend the night at Tulia boutique hotel and spa.
Day 2; drive to Tarangire national park
- Drive to Tarangire: You will have your breakfast at your hotel in Arusha before you continue your journey to Tarangire national park for wildlife viewing adventures in the open savannah plains filled with different wildlife species such as predators like the famous tree-climbing lions, leopards, and cheetahs. Other wildlife species you will see as you explore Tarangire national park include rhinos, giraffes, zebras, hartebeests, wildebeests, elands, impalas among others. You will check-in at your lodge upon arrival in the national park and you will have lunch and also relax. You will have an evening game drive to see more of the attractions in Tarangire national park as you watch the beautiful sunset in the wilderness and later after your drive, you will drive back to your lodge for dinner and to spend the night at Kirurumu Tarangire lodge.
Day 3; drive to Lake Manyara national park via mto wa mbu
- drive to Lake Manyara: On the 3rd day of your safari, you will be served with breakfast before checking out of your lodge in Tarangire national park and then proceed with your journey to Lake Manyara national park. You will have a stopover in Mto wa Mbu town for a cultural experience. During your cultural experience, you will interact with the local community of Maasai people in this colorful and vibrant small town filled with hospitality from the Maasai people and you will also get to experience the nomadic way of life of the Maasai people such as their traditional art and craft work like beaded jewelry, their traditional wears such as “sukas”, you will also get to watch traditional dance performances and then continue to Lake Manyara national park for check in at your lodge for lunch.
- game drive: After lunch and some rest at your lodge in Lake Manyara national park, you will have an exciting game drive in this natural paradise where you will see more tree climbing lions as well as the alkaline Lake Manyara which covers about two thirds of the national park and is a common sighting spot for different wildlife species such as wildebeest, waterbucks, hartebeest, zebras, antelopes, leopards, elephants, buffalos, hyenas, giraffes, jackals and many others as well as a variety of bird species. You will return to your lodge after your evening game drive and you will have your dinner and overnight at Lake Manyara tortilis camp.
Day 4: Return to Arusha
- Return to Arusha: After breakfast at your lodge in Lake Manyara national park, you will check out of the lodge and then continue with your drive on your way back to Arusha as you enjoy an enroute game drive in the national park and continue to Arusha where your guide will drop you off at your preferred location which will mark the end of your safari.
End of the 4 Days Tarangire and Manyara safari
The cost includes
- All safari activities in the itinerary
- All ground transportation in 4×4 vehicles with viewing roof.
- Services of professional English-speaking driver/guide and lodge/camp staff.
- All accommodations with all meals
- All park entry fees, crater service fee
- All National Park fees.
- Government taxes.
- 1 liter of bottled water/daily/person in the vehicle.
The cost excludes
- Tips for guides and lodge/camp staffs.
- Beverages at the lodges.
- Lunches, dinners, drinks at your hotel in Arusha.
- Personal expenses.
- International and local airfares
- Any other item not included in the itinerary