LAKE NAKURU SOPA LODGE
Lake Nakuru Sopa Lodge is a 3 star safari lodge located on a range of hills that form the western limits of Great Rift Valley of Africa, this magnificent lodge is located in Lake Nakuru national park and is listed among the best safari lodges to stay at during your Kenya safari to the park. From Nairobi the capital of Kenya, Sopa Lodge is about 165 kilometers on tarmac roads and then 21 kilometers of all-weather road through the national park.
Lake Nakuru Sopa Lodge overlooks the wilderness of Lake Nakuru a major birding spot in Kenya and the surrounding areas of the park offers sights of true African wilderness.
Lake Nakuru national park is one of the amazing national parks in Kenya and a great birding destination situated in central Kenya in Nakuru district of the Rift Valley Province, about 140 kilometers north-west of Nairobi. The park covers an area of 188 square kilometers protecting a wide ecological diversity comprising of Lake Nakuru , wooded and bushy grasslands, over 56 different species of mammal species and over 450 bird species with a huge population of flamingoes at the shores of Lake Nakuru.
Lake Nakuru national park is a paradise for bird watchers and wildlife lovers, the park boosts a multitude of animals including black and white rhinos, Rothschild’s giraffe, waterbucks among others and birds such as Grey crested helmet shrike, greater blue eared starling, Speke’s weavers, and blue-billed teal among others.
Sopa Lodge features a restaurant, an outdoor swimming pool, a bar and lounge, free Wi-Fi in public areas and many other amenities which will make your stay comfortable and worth.
WHY CHOOSE LAKE NAKURU SOPA LODGE
- Incredible views over the Great Rift Valley
- Incredible variety of wildlife such as white and black rhinos, the rare Rothschild giraffes, waterbucks, buffalos, zebras among others.
- A bird watcher’s paradise with a variety of birds such as millions of flamingoes, Abyssinian thrush, Arrow-marked babbler, Bateleur, Black-tailed godwit, Black-winged lapwing, Brimstone canary, Brown-backed scrub robin, Crab-plover, Eastern imperial eagle, European roller, Grey crowned crane, Grey-headed woodpecker, Great snipe, Greater spotted eagle, Grey-crested helmet-shrike, Hildebrandt’s starling, Kenya rufous sparrow among others.
ACCOMMODATION AT LAKE NAKURU SOPA LODGE
Lake Nakuru Sopa Lodge offers comfortable accommodations in the total of 60 standard rooms, these rooms are categorized as Double/Twin room, Single room, Triple rooms and Quad rooms. Rooms at Sopa Lodge include 2 inter-connecting rooms and 2 wheelchair accessible rooms.
FACILITIES AT LAKE NAKURU SOPA LODGE
Restaurant at Lodge serves a wide range of continental and local mouthwatering dishes professionally prepared to fit the preference of the lodge’s visitors. Visitors with special diet requirements are also cared for.
Bar at Sopa Lodge offers a wide range of local and international brands of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks ranging from beer, wines, champagnes and cocktails to enjoy while on Kenya Safaris.
Lounge at Sopa Lodge is a comfortable site at the lodge to relax at while listening to music and watching television.
The lounge, bar and dining room at Sopa Lodge have extensive sheltered outdoor terraces.
Lake Nakuru Sopa Lodge has a beautiful swimming pool boasting views of the spectacular surrounding.
Other families at the Lodge include
- Gift shop
- Wi-Fi in public areas
- Baby sitting
- Credit cards
- Children care services
- Turn down service
- Wheelchair accessible rooms
- Outdoor dining
- Laundry services
- Children’s menu
ACTIVITIES AT SOPA LODGE
- Game drives
- Bush dining
- Bird watching
- Nature walks
- Board games
Sopa Lodge and Lake Nakuru national park are in a distance of 156 kilometers North West of Nairobi and is accessed by road or air,
- By road the most commonly used route is the main A104 road via the main gate, 4 kilometers from Nakuru Town Centre. You can also enter the park from the main Nairobi –Nakuru road at Lanet Gate, for the tourists from Maasai Mara or Elementaita the park is accessed using Nderit Gate.
- By air, chartered domestic flights from Wilson airport to Naishi airstrip which services the park.
Lake Nakuru national park is accessed using three gates that are the Main Gate, Lanet Gate and Nderit Gate.